Gastroenterological-oncological day clinic W49T
The gastroenterological oncology day clinic treats patients with hepatobiliary tumors, chronic liver diseases and complex inflammatory bowel diseases. It acts as a link between outpatient and inpatient care. We cooperate closely with physicians in private practice and partner hospitals.
You are here:
Certified CCCC-Oncological Center
As a member of the interdisciplinary network of the Comprehensive Cancer Center Charité (CCCC), which consists of hospital-internal and outpatient treatment partners, our gastroenterological-oncological day clinic W49T has been certified as a CCCC Oncological Centre by the OnkoZert certification body of the German Cancer Society e.V. and announced under OncoMap .
The certificate represents many years of experience and expertise in the field of liver cancer as well as it is the guarantee of standardized procedures. In particular, the multidisciplinary tumor board conferences (MTBCs) improve the care and treatment of patients with this type of cancer disease.
What we can do for you:
The gastroenterological-oncological day clinic W49T at the Campus Virchow Klinikum specializes in the complex interdisciplinary treatment of tumor diseases of the liver and bile ducts as well as of the intestine, chronic liver diseases, chronic inflammatory bowel diseases, and other serious or rare gastroenterological clinical pictures.
Thanks to our highly specialized medical expertise, state-of-the-art equipment and interdisciplinary concept, we are able to treat patients on a day-care basis who would otherwise require inpatient treatment and thus act as a structural link between outpatient and inpatient care.
In the day clinic, we can perform complex (endo)sonographically supported diagnostics. We offer endoscopic procedures for the treatment of chronic and neoplastic diseases of the upper and lower gastrointestinal tract. We also perform complex oncological system therapies, including combined chemo- and immunotherapies, antibody therapies, as well as drug application in the context of clinical trials.
Our team of physicians and nurses is in close contact with the referring physicians as well as the special outpatient clinics and partner clinics of our hospital. Our goal is to provide state-of-the-art therapies and interventions for patients with gastroenterological diseases under competent and interdisciplinary care.
Range of treatment/medical services
Our range of treatment includes the following clinical pictures and medical services:
- sonographically guided organ punctures, especially liver punctures
- endosonographic punctures of changes in the gastrointestinal tract, as well as lymph node and pancreatic diseases
- therapy of decompensated liver cirrhosis, especially ascites punctures
- administration of complex infusion therapies, chemotherapies, immunotherapies, as well as antibody therapies in patients with inflammatory bowel diseases as well as patients with hepatobiliary tumor diseases
- transfusion of blood products
- endoscopic treatment of esophageal varices, especially by means of ligature therapy
- endoscopic treatment of bile duct diseases, especially by means of percutaneous transhepatic cholangiodrainage (PTCD) or endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreaticography (ERCP)
- endoscopic treatment of stenoses in the gastrointestinal tract, in particular by means of bougienage, balloon dilatation, injection therapy or stent implantation
- endoscopic resection procedures of neoplastic changes of the gastrointestinal tract
- installation of a percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG)
Appointment, admission and contact
Campus Virchow-Klinikum (CVK), Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin
Site address: Mittelallee 11, basement floor
When you look at the rehabilitation center after leaving the elevator or the staircase, walk along to the right and you will find us in the first corridor on the right.
Contact with appointment for referring physicians/patients:
+49 (0)30 450 630 128
Our therapy hours are Mondays to Fridays 08:00 am to 4:00 pm; closed on holidays.
Treatment at our day clinic is available through a variety of options:
- Referral from a gastroenterologist in private practice or a specialist in gastroenterology after exhaustion of the diagnostic and therapeutic options available on an outpatient basis.
- Patients from various university outpatient clinics with a need for a day-clinic stay due to increasing treatment complexity
- Patients with inpatient referral from the primary physician for day-clinic performance of an intervention that does not appear possible on an outpatient basis (e.g., EUS-assisted puncture, ligature therapy, paracentesis).