Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, CCM / CVK: Your clinic for liver, biliary tract and gastrointestinal disorders in Berlin
The Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, as a center of maximum care, deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver and biliary tract, the pancreas and the gastrointestinal tract.
The team headed by Prof. Dr. Frank Tacke, located at the Campus Charité Mitte and Campus Virchow-Klinikum, competent takes care for all aspects of gastroenterology and hepatology. In order to be able to offer you the most modern diagnostics and tailor-made therapy methods we adopt a multidisciplinary approach of a close cooperation with other specialist disciplines such as surgery, radiology or nuclear medicine.
Treatments and services offered at the Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology:
- Liver and biliary disorders
- Diseases of the esophagus, stomach and intestines
- Diseases of the pancreas
- Hepatobiliary, gastrointestinal and neuroendocrine tumor diseases (NET)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Gastroenterological and hepatological intensive care medicine
- Nutritional diseases including obesity and short bowel syndrome (SBS)
- Endoscopy and sonography (ultrasound)
- Complex endoscopic procedures and minimally invasive therapies
As a university institution, the Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology also works on the continuous improvement of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in numerous research projects. This includes the implementation of clinical studies and also basic research in our laboratories. The Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology is engaged in numerous international and national research networks in research and practice.